Thursday, October 1, 2009

Peanut Man Rides Again

There has been a regrettable gap in my postings. There are two reasons for this, one of which is a rather good excuse. The other... not so good.

First, I've been reading. I ordered three books through Amazon and have been engrossed nearly to the point of orphaning the kids and widowing the wife.

The second reason is the rate at which information has come at me with regard to the advancement of the left's agenda which has made it difficult for me to pick one topic, one point, to condense, analyze and comment on.

I want to talk about health care, about Afghanistan, about bringing the Olympics to Chicago, about tariffs on Chinese tires, about the recent U.N. speeches... There are so many topics that I want to cover that I haven't been able to narrow my focus and pick one. I aim to rectify that.

I'll start with former president Jimmy Carter, a recent favorite topic of mine. Carter ran his mouth to CNNPolitics regarding Iran's recently publicized second uranium enrichment facility.

To quote the Peanut Man, himself:
"They have a right to purify uranium and plutonium to use for nuclear power," Carter said. "If Iran is on the borderline, the constant threats that we or the Israelis are going to attack Iran is the best thing to force them to say, 'Let's defend ourselves.' I don't think Iran has made up their mind what to do, and I think the best thing we can do is engage them and stop making these idle threats."

I find it funny that the man whose middle east policies were disastrous would be touting himself as an expert and that CNN would give air to his opinion. The fact is that Iran is not "on the borderline" with regard to nuclear weapons. They are committed to attaining them. No threat by the U.S. or Israel is going to suddenly give them reason or resolve. They already have reason and resolve in their repeatedly stated goal of wiping Israel off the map.

As for idle threats, those are usually the territory of the U.N. in the style of the ever escalating and ultimately empty Security Council resolutions against Iraq. However, I have no doubt about the idleness of any threats our commander in chief might make, should he find it politically necessary to make them.

The one thing that I have absolutely no doubt about is that any threat of action by Israel against Iran's nuclear program will be gravely serious.

No comments:

Post a Comment