Sunday, September 6, 2009

Bad Company

Anthony "Van" Jones has resigned his post as Obama's "Green Jobs Czar" citing "lies and distortions [intended] to distract and divide."

I have been inundated with calls -- from across the political spectrum -- urging me to 'stay and fight.' But I came here to fight for others, not for myself. I cannot in good conscience ask my colleagues to expend precious time and energy defending or explaining my past. We need all hands on deck, fighting for the future.
Michelle Malkin points out the lie by the NY Times that attributes the attention that Glenn Beck has given Jones to retaliation for Jones' support of the advertiser boycott of his show.

Nobody has to lie or distort in order to "smear" Jones. Shortly after his appointment as White House Environmental Adviser, details of Jones' associations published on the internet. Among the various and revealing statements readily available since 2005 is this from the East Bay Express speaking of his arrest during the Rodney King riots:

I met all these young radical people of color - I mean really radical, communists and anarchists. And it was, like, 'This is what I need to be a part of.' I spent the next ten years of my life working with a lot of those people I met in jail, trying to be a revolutionary. I was a rowdy nationalist on April 28th, and then the verdicts came down on April 29th, by August, I was a communist.

I don't believe for a moment that the vetting process has (yet again) failed Barrack "judge me by the people I surround myself with" Obama. I think that Obama misjudged the gullibility of the American people, the power of his own personality and the ability of the mainstream media to cover up the distasteful nature of "the people he surrounds himself with."

No comments:

Post a Comment